Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Tecumseh Tvm220157287l Flywheel Magnets Broken Can'T Find Any Any Ideas



I have a Fisher sander/spreader powered by a 10hp tecumseh tvm220-15728L verticle shaft motor and while removing the flywheel I dropped on concrete broke 2 of the magnets. Anybody have any idea where I can find some magnets for my flywheel 611094? Obviously I would like to just replace the magnets being that Tecumseh out of business now they want between $185-$238 for flywheel magnets... I took the flywheel off to clean it because it was all rusty and binding up its now clean but I do not have all the magnets.... Just want to save money reuse the perfectly good fly wheel I have ... Thanks Guys
look forward to hearing some resolutions.... (E.G.) cross reference for different flywheels that I could get same type of magnets from...etc...

Check lawnmower shops especially the ones that have been around awhile. Some of them salvage old motors for parts. You might get lucky. I have had good luck on several occasions. Even found a tecumseh flywheel.
Sid

Thank you ...have tried I am so frustrated.

Do you have to broken pieces? If so, put them back on using JBweld and it will be fine. If not, check ebay for a used flywheel. I think I have one or two of them in the shop.

Don't have all the pieces....I have this dog that likes to eat things..... 90lb pitbull....picked one up by the time I got it from him it was in 100pcs threw it out figuring that I could just replace.... man, was I wrong... never again I own nothing but briggs stratton with all the other equip ( I didn't even know that tecumseh went out of business).... only thing I have is an ariens snow blower thats junk but no magnets.... tried ebay most do not have ring gear magnets on bottom... if they do...over $130 used w/o ring gear (going to be very difficult to remove ring gear due to rust on bolts.. they are counter sunk)....... my flywheel is in perfect shape now that I wire brushed it. I mite have to just break down buy one.
Thanks for the advise ....I was hoping someone knew where to get just the magnets

I don't know if this helps but the casting #'s are 13-0-48G 307G or C

Correction just put my other eyes on... 13-0-48C 307C
Tags: tecumseh, flywheel, magnets, broken, find, ring gear, just replace, that could