Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Ademco Vista20se



Hello,
I bought the Ademco Vista-20SE and decided to install it myself. (Mistake?). Everything is wireless except for the 6139 keypad. Right now I'm just mapping out my zones but I'm finding that I need help.
Here is what I'm thinking:
Zone 1: Type 01 (Entry/Exit) - Perimeter Doors
Qty 3 - 5816 Door/Window Detector
Qty 1 - 5818 Recessed Door
The issue here is that I want two of the doors to have delay for the purpose of exiting. So, do I need to put the other two doors on a seperate zone?
Zone 2: Type 03 (Perimeter Burglary) - Perimeter Windows
Qty 3 - 5816 Door/Window Detector
Qty 2 - 5849 Glass Break Detector
Zone 3: Type 10 (Interior w/delay) - Interior Motion
Qty 3 - 5890PI Motion Detector
Zone 4: Type 09 (Supervised Fire)
Qty 3 - 5808LST Smoke Detector
I also have the 6128RF keypad with built-in wireless transceiver.
Questions:
1) Do I need to pick different zones since my devices are wireless?
2) Does the 6128RF keypad need to be hardwired to the control panel?
I have installed the panel with a dedicated phone line. The 6139 keypad is wired directly to the panel. I also have a copy of the Compass Downloader software but I'm not sure whether the modem I have will work. Its listed as a Generic 56K HCF Data Fax Modem in my Windows XP control panel. I was hoping that even if I wasn't able to download to the security system, I would get a better understanding of set the various fields. However, the software does not live up to my expectations.
Any help you can give me to get this thing up and running would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
TAK

Wireless zones are all separate zones - no choice there. You can't combine them.
Yes, the 6128RF keypad must be wired to the panel, just like the other keypad.
I doubt your modem will work with the Compass Downloader software - it takes specific modems to make it work properly.
Good luck!






Tags: ademco, Zone Type, 6128RF keypad, 5816 Door, 5816 Door Window, 5816 Door Window Detector, 6139 keypad, also have, Compass Downloader, Compass Downloader software, control panel